01 April, 2009

Peer Gynt: Solveig

The First time I heard Solveig's song, the tune struck something in my heart before the words made any sense to me.
Now, after so many years, it still touches me deeply, hearing Solveig singing her trust in Love.

Kanskje vil der gå både Vinter og Vår,

og neste Sommer med og det hele År,

men en gang vil du komme, det vet jeg vist,

og jeg skal nok vente, for det lovte jeg sidst.


Gud styrke dig, hvor du i Verden går,

Gud glæde dig, hvis du for hans Fodskammel står.

Her skal jeg vente til du kommer igjen;

og venter du hist oppe, vi træffes der, min Ven



The winter may pass and the spring disappear

The spring disappear

The summer too will vanish and then the year

And then the year

But this I know for certain: you'll come back again

You'll come back again

And even as I promised you'll find me waiting then

You'll find me waiting then



God help you when wand'ring your way all alone

Your way all alone

God grant to you his strength as you'll kneel at his throne

As you'll kneel at his throne

If you are in heaven now waiting for me

In heaven for me

And we shall meet again love and never parted be

And never parted be!


Blogged with the Flock Browser

No comments: